Forbes Financial Planning, Inc.
Customer Information Privacy Principles
We want to assure all of our customers that whenever information is used, it is done with discretion. The safeguarding of customer information is an issue we take seriously. To affirm our continuing commitment to the proper use of customer information, we have set forth the following Privacy Principles. It is these Privacy Principles that guide us in serving the privacy needs of our customers
Recognition of a Customer’s Expectation of Privacy: At Forbes Financial Planning, Inc, we believe the confidentiality and protection of customer information is one of our fundamental responsibilities. And while information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is our clients’ trust. Thus, the safekeeping of customer information is a top priority for Forbes Financial Planning, Inc.
- Use, Collection, and Retention of Customer Information: Forbes Financial Planning, Inc limits the use, collection, and retention of customer information to what we believe is necessary or useful to conduct our business, provide quality service, and offer products, services, and other opportunities that may be of interest to our customers. Information collected may include, but is not limited to: name, address, telephone number, tax identification number, date of birth, employment status, annual income, and net worth.
- Maintenance of Accurate Information: Forbes Financial Planning, Inc recognizes that it must maintain accurate customer records. Therefore, Forbes Financial Planning, Inc has established procedures to maintain the accuracy of customer information and to keep such information current and complete. These procedures include responding to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
- Limiting Employee Access to Information: At Forbes Financial Planning, Inc, employee access to personally identifiable customer information is limited to those with a business reason to know such information. Employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and on the Privacy Principles. Because of the importance of these issues, all employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and employees who violate these Privacy Principles will be subject to disciplinary measures.
- Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures: Forbes Financial Planning, Inc recognizes that a fundamental element of maintaining effective customer privacy procedures is to provide reasonable protection against the unauthorized access to customer information.
- Restrictions on the Disclosure of Customer Information: When it comes to sharing customer information with unaffiliated companies, we place strict limits on who receives specific information about customer accounts and other personally identifiable data. We may share information with such companies if the companies provide a product or service that may benefit our customers. Whenever we do this, we carefully review the company and the product or service to make sure that it provides value to our customers. We share the minimum amount of information necessary for that company to offer its product or service. We may also share information with unaffiliated companies that assist us in providing our products and services to our customers; in the normal course of our business (for example, with consumer reporting agencies and government agencies); when legally required or permitted in connection with fraud investigations and litigation; in connection with acquisitions and sales; and at the request or with the permission of a customer. Forbes Financial Planning, Inc. shall take reasonable measures, when disposing of consumer report information, to protect against unauthorized access or use of such information.
- Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties: If we provide personally identifiable customer information to a third party with which we have a business relationship, we will insist that the third party keep such information confidential, consistent with the conduct of our business relationship. We shall ensure that consumer report information shall only be provided to necessary service providers who can properly dispose of such information and enter into a contract with them to enforce such action. We will properly notify the service provider when the content of the information is consumer report information.
These privacy principles apply to individuals, and we reserve the right to change these Privacy Principles, and any of the policies or procedures described above, at any time without prior notice. These Privacy Principles are for general guidance and do not constitute a contract or create legal rights and do not modify or amend any agreements we have with our customers.